Atlético Madrid Simeone ready to unleash Costa and Vitolo alongside Griezmann Dom Farrell 03:39 1/17/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Getty Images Atlético Madrid Copa del Rey Antoine Griezmann Atlético Madrid v Sevilla Sevilla The three striker are yet to line-up in the same Colchonero XI but could do so against in Wednesday’s Copa del Rey clash against Sevilla Diego Simeone hopes Diego Costa and Vitolo’s extra firepower can inspire Atletico Madrid to greater heights before the end of the season.Costa and Vitolo could line-up with Antoine Griezmann for the first time when Atleti host Sevilla in the first leg of their Copa del Rey quarter-final on Wednesday.An all-action second debut for Costa in Atletico colours ended with his receiving a second yellow card for celebrating in the crowd after scoring against Getafe, while Griezmann was rested in the previous round of the Copa against Lleida Esportiu as Vitolo made his bow for Los Rojiblancos. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player A FIFA player registration ban meant a delay over Costa and Vitolo’s introduction, but Simeone’s men still find themselves as the closest challengers to Barcelona in La Liga following Real Madrid’s collapse in form.”The squad until December came together, making a great start to the season, especially in the league,” Simeone told a pre-match news conference.”The arrival of Costa and Vitolo empowers the group and gives us many more alternatives.”Having them in this game gives us some possibilities.”pic.twitter.com/4FeDXtMwUk— Diego Costa (@diegocosta) January 6, 2018Sevilla have taken one point from their past five matches in LaLiga and have new coach Vincenzo Montella bedding into the role.Nevertheless, Simeone is wary of the club’s formidable cup pedigree at home and abroad over recent seasons.”Sevilla are a cup team and have always done impressive things [in the Copa],” he said.”They have been hurt from their recent results, but they are a wonderful team and they are very dangerous, especially from the midfield and forwards.”We will have to take the match to where we feel most comfortable. On paper the match against them is the most competitive [of the quarter-finals] and we have to pay attention to a team that has such good players.”Atletico have won six games in succession at the Wanda Metropolitano and Simeone feels his players and their supporters are becoming increasingly attuned to their new home.”We have a wonderful stadium, maybe the best in the world, and day by day people are closer to us and participate more,” he added.”We also feel more comfortable game by game and we feel it as our own stadium, which will lead to better things.”
Transfers Inaki Williams signs new long-term Athletic contract Tom Webber 17:19 1/17/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Getty Images Transfers Athletic Club Primera División The 23-year-old winger has attracted interest from Liverpool, but will remain at the Basque outfit after extending his deal Inaki Williams has put pen to paper on a mammoth seven-and-a-half-year contract extension with Atheltic Club.The 23-year-old winger was previously linked with a switch to Liverpool but has committed his long-term future to the Basque club, where he is now tied until 2025.Williams’ new contract includes a release clause of €80 million that will progressively rise until it reaches €108m, figures which exceed the fee required to take star centre-back Aymeric Laporte away from Athletic. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player The news will come a boost to fans with goalkeeper Kepa, whose deal expires at the end of the season, heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid.Williams has featured in all 19 of the club’s outings in La Liga this season, contributing four goals and three assists.He also scored twice as Athletic progressed to the knockout stages of the Europa League, where they will play Spartak Moscow in the last 32.
Chelsea ‘My desire is to respect this contract’ – Conte refutes claims he will leave Chelsea for Italy Tom Maston Last updated 1 year ago 04:41 2/3/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Chelsea Antonio Conte Premier League The Italian says that he embraces his current situation as he thrives under “pressure” scenarios Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has insisted that he will see out his contract at Chelsea amid claims he is set to return to take the Italy manager’s job.Reports have suggested the former Juventus coach is unhappy at Stamford Bridge and could leave at the end of the season, if not before.But Conte claims not only will he be staying until the end of the current campaign but will remain in charge for the 2018-19 season. Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player “I still have 18 months on my contract with Chelsea. My desire is to respect this contract,” he told reporters.“I don’t see any problems with this. I don’t know why there’s speculation about my future. I signed for three years and my desire is to respect the contract.“As you know very well, I trust my work and this is the only thing that I trust, my work. This is how I became one of the best coaches or managers.”The Italian added that he enjoys the scrutiny that both he and the team are under currently.“I like this type of situation. If I see there is no pressure, it is not for me or for the players — you lose your fire,” he explained.“I don’t understand why it is only around me. Maybe because this is Chelsea. Pressure is life, if I had no pressure I wouldn’t like it.“The speculation doesn’t affect me. The situation has been always the same, with a lot of pressure around me.”The Blues suffered a 3-0 defeat at home against Bournemouth on Wednesday, leaving them fourth in the Premier League standings, 18 points behind leaders Manchester City.Chelsea tackle Watford on Monday in their next outing.
Premier League Ex-football coach Bennell labelled ‘devil incarnate’ and sentenced to 31 years Iain Strachan 01:18 2/20/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) YouTube video Premier League A judge at Liverpool Crown Court branded the ex-Manchester City and Crewe Alexandra youth coach “sheer evil” as he announced his punishment Former football coach and scout Barry Bennell has been sentenced to 31 years for child sexual abuse crimes.Bennell, 64, was convicted of 43 offences against 11 boys aged eight to 15 between 1979 and 1991 by a jury at Liverpool Crown Court last week.AdChoices广告The former Crewe Alexandra coach and Manchester City scout admitted to seven charges of indecent assault on three boys before the trial, two of whom were also part of the allegations he was tried on. Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player Bennell, who had previously appeared via a videolink during his trial, was present in the court room for the first time to hear victim impact statements on Monday prior to his sentencing by judge Clement Goldstone.Goldstone asked police and the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) to consider if there is “continuing public interest” in bringing new criminal court proceedings against Bennell based on further allegations.The judge went on to describe Bennell as “sheer evil”, and said: “To those boys you appeared as a god… in reality, you were the devil incarnate. You stole their childhood and heir innocence to satisfy your own perversions.”He added: “If the boys tried to resist, you convinced them their football careers would suffer.”His former employers City this month issued a statement expressing sympathy with the victims and detailing an internal review launched in 2016, which is on-going and has identified allegations of child sex abuse in relation to two men with potential historic connections to the club, one of whom is Bennell.Crewe, meanwhile, expressed their “deepest sympathies” to the victims of Bennell, and stressed their commitment to “continue to provide cooperation [to the police] as and when required.” Check out Goal’s Premier League 2019-20 fantasy football podcast for game tips, debate and rivalries.
Chelsea ‘I’d be a liar if I said money didn’t interest me’ – Nainggolan explains China rejection Harry Sherlock Last updated 1 year ago 17:05 3/30/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Getty Images Chelsea Roma Serie A Premier League The Roma midfielder has interested Chelsea and the Chinese Super League in recent months, but he maintains he is still happy at Roma Radja Nainggolan says he would be a “liar” if he claimed he was not interested in money, after rejecting advances from both China and Chelsea over the past two years.The Roma midfielder joined the club in 2014 from Cagliari, but has been courted by the CSL and Antonio Conte’s side in the past couple of seasons.While the 29-year-old admits that he is, of course, interested in the idea of perhaps doubling or tripling his current pay packet, he maintains that he is more interested in maintaining his current lifestyle in Italy. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player “There was a little something, nothing serious,” Nainggolan told Il Tempo regarding interest from China earlier this year.”I’d be a liar if I said money didn’t interest me, I’m 30 … But the truth is that in the past I rejected important offers, two years ago I could have gone to Chelsea and earned more, but for me there is not only the economic aspect. “Let me explain, one thing is to say: ‘I’m going to have a good time in China and get the money’. There are people willing to do anything, even to wash their clothes with their hands, just to go and get all that money. “Another question is if I have to stay on the same level, is it better to change city and lifestyle so often? I don’t have this thought yet. I’m fine here and that’s it.”Nainggolan has made 24 appearances in Serie A this season, with Roma third in the table, four points ahead of fourth-placed Inter Milan.Spalletti’s Inter had also been linked with a move for Nainggolan last summer, but the Belgian again insisted he was happy to stay at Roma.He added: “There was interest from them because the coach rates me and vice versa, even if you wrote a thousand stories about it…but forget it.”I have always had a good relationship with Spalletti, he put me in the best condition to express myself. But, in the end, in the summer there was no chance that I would leave Roma.”It’s not that I didn’t want to go there. There was interest but nothing concrete. There was no offer, yet it was claimed ‘Spalletti’s bringing Nainggolan, Strootman etc with him’. It was mostly paper talk.”
Applications are now open for the Australia Post Our Neighbourhood grants which are aimed at funding community projects that build a more healthy and inclusive Australia.Applications for the grants close on Friday, 28 June 2013, with one-off cash grant payments of between $1000 and $25,000 on offer, with grant amounts based around how strongly the community project or initiative includes and supports disadvantaged groups in Australia.The initiative is aimed at giving services that met these criterions a needed boost, in order to provide all Australians with necessary services, maintain and support diversity, grow community spirit and help areas recover from previous crisis.If you believe your community project or initiative may be eligible for a grant or to find out more information, please visit http://ourneighbourhood.com.au/grants/community-grants.html.Related LinksOur Neighbourhood Grants