New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter has re-injured his left ankle and the team isn’t sure when he will return.In Saturday’s game against the Boston Red Sox, the team captain was pulled for a pinch-runner after hitting an RBI single in the sixth inning.The 39-year-old later went to a hospital for a precautionary CT scan. The Yankees office said the initial results were negative.Jeter has been out most of the season recovering from the broken left ankle he suffered in last year’s playoffs. Yankees general manager Brian Cashman says that if the team wasn’t playing to make the playoffs, he could simply take a few days off to rest.Since being back, Jeter has hit .190 in 17 games.
February 12, 2018 Ed Lenderman, Live at City Hall previewing hearing on selection for new Police Chief pic.twitter.com/tPr7XmVUWJ— Ed Lenderman (@EdLendermanKUSI) February 12, 2018 Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter Posted: February 12, 2018 Ed Lenderman Updated: 10:49 AM 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsThe public hearings are scheduled for Feb. 12 at 1 p.m.Residents will be able to offer feedback on the appointment of David Nisleit as the city’s next top cop during two City Council meetings later this month, council President Myrtle Cole announced Friday.Mayor Kevin Faulconer on Thursday named Nisleit, a current assistant San Diego police chief, as the successor to Chief Shelley Zimmerman following a nationwide search.Nisleit’s appointment must be confirmed by a majority council vote.feb. 26 at 2 p.m. in the Council Chambers at 202 C St. However, on Friday Faulconer sent Cole a memo requesting the Feb. 12 meeting be moved to 6 p.m. On Twitter, the mayor’s office said he asked for the change “so more San Diegans can attend and have their voices heard.”The council will take a vote on the matter on Feb. 26. KUSI’s Ed Lenderman has the details. Public Hearings for Police Chief David Nisleit
One source puts the total number of employees let go at 16, across multiple locations.Hanley Wood declined to provide details on the cuts, but did issue the following statement:In 2013 Hanley Wood embarked on an ambitious digital and data transformation that resulted in five straight years of top and bottom line growth. Today, the company is focused on seven major hub brands – each with a companion print magazine, further supported by 35 digital and data platform brands. Transforming the company from 36 magazines – in 2007 – to seven hub brands today has resulted in required changes in skill set. Hanley Wood is well positioned to continue on its growth trajectory supported by a high value revenue mix and content platforms its audiences and customers require. Several staffers have been laid off at Hanley Wood, one of the largest B2B media and information firms in the country, multiple sources have confirmed to Folio:.The exact number of staffers let go — or which specific areas were affected — remains unclear, but many of the cuts appear to be centered around the editorial side of the business, including nearly the entire Radar Desk, a team staffed with aggregating digital content from across the company’s brands, created in 2012 as part of the company’s digital restructuring.Elsewhere, cuts are said to reach as high as the VP and director levels, and include at least one brand’s editor-in-chief.Hanley Wood’s portfolio includes about three-dozen media properties serving various sectors of the commercial and residential real estate, design, and construction industries, centered around seven “hub brands,” such as Architect, Builder, and the Remodeling. Based in Washington, D.C., the company also maintains locations in Chicago, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, and an Irvine, CA office for its Metrostudy data business.
WILMINGTON, MA — Looking to purchase your Christmas tree in Wilmington? Residents have TWO local options this holiday season.Beginning Friday, November 23:Where: Wilmington United Methodist Church, 87 Church StreetWhen: Thursdays & Fridays: 4pm to 8pm, Saturdays: 9am to 8pm, Sundays: 10am to 6pmWho Benefits: Proceeds go towards various causes supported by the church’s Outreach CommitteeBeginning Saturday, December 1:Where: Colonial Plaza (As Good As It Gets parking lot), 35 Lowell StreetWhen: Weekends: 10am-8pm; Weekdays: 4pm-9pmWho Benefits: Boy Scout Troop 56 of WilmingtonNote: Selling BOTH trees & wreathsLike Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… Related2 Places To Buy Christmas Trees In WilmingtonIn “Community”Two Places To Buy Christmas Trees In WilmingtonIn “Community”Two Places To Buy Christmas Trees In WilmingtonIn “Community”
Close Jharkhand IED blast: 11 security personnel injured IBTimes VideoRelated VideosMore videos Play VideoPauseMute0:00/0:27Loaded: 0%0:00Progress: 0%Stream TypeLIVE-0:27?Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedSubtitlessubtitles settings, opens subtitles settings dialogsubtitles off, selectedAudio Trackdefault, selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window. COPY LINKAD Loading … Eleven security personnel were injured in an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) blast in wee hours of Tuesday, May 28, in Jharkhand’s Saraikella district. Eight COBRA personnel and 3 Jharkhand Police personnel, who were out on a special operation, were targeted by Maoists.After detonating IED blast, the Maoists fired at the security personnel and then escaped.DGP DK Pandey on IED explosion in Saraikela, Jharkhand said, “IEDs were installed by Naxals to affect the election process. A joint op by COBRA, Jharkhand Jaguar and Jharkhand Police is being done to clear the area.” The injured security personnel were airlifted to Ranchi for treatment.Representational image | TwitterA rescue helicopter was reportedly sent from Ranchi. The injured security personnel were airlifted to Ranchi for treatment. Three jawans were reported to be critical.
A large section of persons arrested in drives conducted by the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) over the last three years are government officials.These accused officials are serving in the departments of land administration, finance, health, education, electricity, gas, passports, banks, WASA, customs, roads and transport.The commission, after Iqbal Mahmud took office as its chair in 2016, detained 641 persons. Among them, 361 were government officials while 141 bank and insurance officials, 75 businessmen, and 31 politicians.Transparency International Bangladesh’s (TIB) 2018 household survey said around Tk 106.89 billion were exchanged in bribes.It also identified the law enforcement as the most corrupted institution in the country while the passport office, BRTA, judicial service and land services followed.According to the TI corruption index, corruption rose in 2018. In 2017, Bangladesh ranked 17th on the most corrupted countries’ list while it ranked 13th this year. ACC sources said, around 2.1 millions allegations were received through the ACC hotline in the last 20 months. Other than this, a total 17,000 written complaints were filed with the commission in 2018 while the number was 17,983 in 2017, and 13,000 in 2016, and 10,415 in 2015. More than half of the allegations were brought against government officials.”As the ACC deals with embezzlement of government funds, corruption and bribery, it is only natural to receive more allegations against government officials,” ACC commissioner (investigation) Mozammel Haque Khan said, adding, “Though bribery is more common among the government officials, corruption involving larger sums of money takes place more outside.”Following allegations received through hotline, ACC conducted drives at government hospitals, BRTA, Titas Gas, WASA, RAJUK, airlines, civil aviation, LGRD, REB. Since September 2017, 40 government officials were suspended by the ACC enforcement team and 45 were detained so far. Also, 7.1 million taka which exchanged hands illegally, had been returned.The commission also set up 50 traps to catch 50 government officials. Two chief engineers of the shipping department and Ansar commandant Ashikur Rahman were among persons detained in such sting operations.Corruption has increased as there is hardly any precedence of punishment for corruption, TIB executive director Iftekharuzzaman said. Over the last three years, top government officials, bankers, representatives were among the detainees. In 2016, a number of 388 persons were arrested while 182 and 57 were arrested respectively in 2017 and 2018. This year 14 persons have been arrested so far.The arrest spree declined somewhat following the public service 2018. According to the act, the concerned authority’s permission is required before arresting any government official even if they commit a criminal offence while in service.Prominent among those arrested over the last three years by ACC are chairman of the Farmers Bank audit committee Mahbubul Haque Chisty, chairman of AB Bank M Wahidul Haque, Citycell CEO Mehbub Chowdhury, former RAJUK chairman Iqbal Uddin Chowdhury, National University proctor HM Tayehid Jaman, Hallmark Group chairman Jesmin Islam, former coastguard director general Shafiq Ur Rahman, Partex Group director Shawkat Aziz Russel, former director of the passport directorate Munshi Muyeed Ikram, former Agrani Bank managing director Mizanur Rahman Khan and others.
In its 12th year of celebrations, Yaadgare-e-Ghalib initiated by the Ghalib Memorial Movement with the support of the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) and the Delhi Government, will take Delhiites back in time.‘The highlight of Yaadgare-e-Ghalib this year is the remarkable transformation of Ghalib’s haveli with the objective to make the haveli an important landmark on the heritage tourism trail of Delhi,’ says Dr Suresh Goel, director general, ICCR. Mirza Ghalib spent time at this haveli from 1860 to 1869.The three-day event started from 26 December and conclude on 28 December. The event will mark the birth anniversary of the great poet, Mirza Ghalib. The highlight will also be a film on his life, mushaira by eminent poets from the Indian sub-continent and an exhibition on Ghalib’s rare and priceless memorabilia at his haveli.A candle-light procession from Town Hall to Gali Qasim Jaan, Chandni Chowk started the event. The procession was led by lyricist Gulzar, author and diplomat Pavan Varma, and Ustad Iqbal Ahmed Khan, a Delhi gharana musician, among other leading artists.The final day will have Urdu comic play by Peirrots Troupe –Ghalib in New Delhi at the India Islamic Centre.‘At Ghalib’s haveli, there will be a sound track of works related to Ghalib. Special care was taken to put together historic letters and other memorabilia of the legendary poet.These priceless exhibits will be on display as a permanent feature by ICCR,’ says kathak danseuse Uma Sharma, who is also the founder of the Ghalib Memorial Movement.