Two more witnesses took to the stand last week as the Preliminary Inquiry (PI) into the alleged murder of 55-year-old Lindener Leroy Barron continued at the Linden Magistrate’s Court.The matter is being heard before Magistrate Wanda Fortune. Travis Hazel, also called “Fifty” of 24 Silver City, Wismar, Linden, is on trial for the September 15, 2018 murder.He is being represented by Counsel Stanley Moore while Police Prosecutor Vernetté Pindar is representing the State.Several witnesses have since testified since the commencement of the PI on March 26, including the brother of the now deceased man Kevin Barron, former ambulance attendant Fiona Mingo, Police Corporals Tyrone Van Hearsel and Omyanna Layne, and Police Constables Alex Sancharie and Devon Greene in addition to Engineer Rawle Watson and clothes vendor Romain Haynes.The witnesses have all been questioned in relation to their involvement in the incident.It is alleged that on the day in question, while at Co-op Crescent, Mackenzie, Linden, Hazel inflicted injuries upon Barron during an altercation, which resulted in his death. Initial investigations had revealed that there was an argument between Barron, who was known to do odd jobs around the Mackenzie Market, and the defendant, during which the defendant allegedly armed himself with a piece of wood and gave the now deceased man a severe beating before fleeing the scene. The now deceased Barron reportedly received several lashes to the head.He was later taken to the Linden Hospital Complex (LHC) in an unconscious state, and was pronounced dead on arrival.A Post-Mortem Examination later gave the cause of death as brain haemorrhage due to blunt force trauma to the head. The matter will be heard again on May 15, 2019.
0Shares0000Hakeem al-Araibi has become an Australian citizen © AFP / WILLIAM WESTMELBOURNE, Australia, Mar 12 – A refugee footballer who was detained in Thailand and threatened with extradition to Bahrain said he feels sure “no one can follow me now,” after becoming an Australian citizen on Tuesday.Hakeem al-Araibi, who was granted refugee status and residency in Australia in 2017 after fleeing Bahrain, became an Australian at a ceremony in Melbourne. The 25-year-old shot to international fame when he was arrested while on honeymoon in Thailand last year.He was wanted by Bahrain on offences linked to the 2011 Arab Spring uprisings.Amid a worldwide outcry, he was eventually allowed back to Melbourne, where he plays semi-professional football.Spotting a big smile on his face and a salmon-pink jacket, al-Araibi posed for photos with Prime Minister Scott Morrison and Foreign Minister Marise Payne after the ceremony at Federation Square in Melbourne.“I am very grateful to you, now I feel save. NSydneyo one can follow me now,” al-Araibi wrote on Twitter Tuesday.“It’s a wonderful and awesome feeling to gain all this respect in my citizenship ceremony, I’m really proud to see Marise Payne… and other government representatives participating in my ceremony it make me feel secure.”Payne told the ceremony the massive outpouring of support for the footballer “played an enormous part in ensuring he was returned to Australia”.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)