Tabal shoots for Milo Marathon history Kiss-and-tell matinee idol’s conquests: True stories or tall tales? OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Mark Galedo wins 2017 “Hell of the Marianas” in Saipan. CONTRIBUTED PHOTO/JON PerezMark Galedo ruled the 2017 Hell of the Marianas Century Cycle as the Filipinos swept the podium in the annual race in Saipan Saturday.The 2014 Le Tour overall champion, who finished third in last year’s competition, completed the tough course known for its punishing hills in three hours, 15 minutes, and 51 seconds.ADVERTISEMENT Margot Robbie talks about filming ‘Bombshell’s’ disturbing sexual harassment scene “Naturally, I was frustrated but I’m still happy because a Filipino win. Next year, I’ll return to get back the title.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next This year was even harder as a minor change in the layout made the race 15 kilometers longer.“I was looking at the others in the lead group and I saw that no one was moving. So I attacked when I got a bit of a gap and I just kept going, ” said the 7 Eleven Roadbike rider.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’SPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkThe 19-year old Ronald Lomotos, meanwhile, came in for four seconds behind Galedo at 3:15:55 in his first time at Hell of the Marianas while last year’s champion Jan Paul Morales wound up third at 3:21:32.Morales was disappointed for failing to keep the crown, but he is proud that a fellow Filipino dominated the race anew. LATEST STORIES Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ MOST READ View comments Jo Koy: My brain always wants to think funny Coco’s house rules on ‘Probinsyano’ set Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ Coco’s house rules on ‘Probinsyano’ set It’s too early to present Duterte’s ‘legacy’ – Lacson
There has been a schedule change for the Bantam Tier 2 Provincial Hockey Tournament currently taking place in Fort St. John.The games scheduled to take place Monday afternoon have been moved from the North Peace Arena to the Pomeroy Sport Centre. The new schedule affects:- Advertisement -2 p.m.: Cranbrook vs. Rossland Trail5 p.m.: Burnaby WC vs. Juan De Fuca GrizzliesThere is a game set to take place at 8 p.m. Monday, but the location has not yet been determined. The information will be posted as soon as it becomes available.
An elite unit of South African police raided the home of the influential Gupta brothers, the Indian-origin businessmen friends of South African President Jacob Zuma on Feb.14, during an investigation into allegations that the family used their links with the president to win state contracts and Cabinet appointments.The raid, which marks an escalation of pressure on Zuma, resulted in three arrests. A dozen officers cordoned off the streets leading to the Gupta house in Johannesburg’s upscale Saxonworld suburb. Police also raided the Guptas’ Oakbay holding company in Johannesburg’s Sandton financial district, Reuters reported citing a security guard stationed outside the building.The raids comes at a time when country is waiting to see if Zuma steps down after being asked to do so by the ruling African National Congress (ANC) party.The Gupta family, central to allegations levelled against Zuma, is said to have had access to sensitive state information and government contracts, and played a role in hiring and firing of Cabinet ministers.Zuma and the Guptas deny any wrongdoing, and the family’s lawyer said he cannot comment on the raid as he is yet to see a search warrant, according to reports.The spokesperson of Hawks, South Africa’s Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation, Hangwani Mulaudzi asserted they are not “playing around” as the raid is a part of investigation into influence peddling and corruption in the government, the reports said. “We’re viewing this investigation in a very serious light. We’re not playing around in terms of making sure that those who are responsible in the so-called state capture, they take responsibility for it,” he said, the reports added.Mulaudzi declined to comment further, saying a full statement would be released later. “Finally something is being done about it. These guys must get out of our country. They must leave us alone. They have done enough damage,” Tessa Turvey, the head of the local residents’ association, told the media about the Gupta family who were accused by local publications for “state capture.”The Guptas have a range of business interests in South Africa, including computing, mining, air travel, energy, technology and media. The three brothers — Atul, Rajesh and Ajay — came to the country in 1993. Zuma’s son, daughter and one of his wives have worked for the Gupta family’s firms.Zuma was expected to respond on Feb.14 morning to the ruling ANC order asking him to step down as head of state.Finance Minister Malusi Gigaba had said Zuma would speak at 0800 GMT on Feb. 14. While journalists and satellite trucks were in position at Pretoria’s Union Buildings, the seat of the government, Zuma’s office denied any “official communication” of an impending address.The ANC had on Feb.13 asked Zuma to step down. The president is also facing a no-confidence motion moved by the opposition in parliament, set for Feb. 22. If Zuma refuses to resign, the ANC is expected to back the no-confidence motion, even though the entire Cabinet will have to resign if it is passed. Related ItemsGupta FamilyJohannesburgSouth Africa