A Palm Beach County woman was arrested Sunday after she admitted to police she made up a kidnapping story to cover up the fact that she had been drinking and was too drunk remember where her daughter was, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office has reported.An Amber Alert for Natly Irias, 6, was issued Saturday after her mother, Maria Irias, said a man offered to give the pair a ride home from a store and drove off with the child in the car when they reached the house, deputies said. Irias later admitted to deputies that her daughter had not been kidnapped at a store, but that she’d been drinking and couldn’t remember her whereabouts. Shortly after 1 a.m. Sunday, sheriff’s spokeswoman Teri Barbera said Natly had been found.Irias was arrested on charges of child neglect and filing a false report of a non-existent crime.
The City of Sunrise is hosting a full day of free celebrations on Wednesday, July 4. Looking for a traditional start to your Independence Day? Be in position at 9:00 a.m., when our “Animation Comes to Life” Parade winds its way west along Sunset Strip from NW 12th Street to City Park (6700 Sunset Strip, Sunrise 33313). You’ll see colorful floats, costumed characters, marching musicians, and more! From the end of the parade until noon, enjoy a Family Fun Day complete with refreshments and activities for kids. The excitement continues with a Concert and Fireworks outdoors at the BB&T Center (One Panther Parkway, Sunrise 33323). The gates open at 4:30, and parking and admission are free. This year’s live entertainment includes three amazing bands and a fantastic fireworks display: 5:00 p.m. – Skotch Bonnett Band (reggae and R&B) 6:15 p.m. – Mr. Nice Guy (classic rock) 7:45 p.m. – Grand Funk Railroad (classic rock from The American Band) 9:15 p.m. – Fireworks The event also features a children’s fun zone, and a wide selection of food and beverage vendors. For attendees’ safety, the following items cannot be brought into the event area at the BB&T Center: backpacks, bags larger than 12” x 12”, coolers, glass bottles, alcohol, weapons, drones, fireworks, pets, and bicycles. (Bring a lock to secure your bike in the lot.) All bags will be searched. The City of Sunrise Concert and Fireworks celebration is presented by Wheelabrator Technologies and sponsored by the BB&T Center, the Florida Panthers, Ed Morse Sawgrass Automall, Metropica, Memorial Healthcare System, the Sun-Sentinel Media Group, The Beach 102.7 FM, The Ticket 790 AM, and Bahama Breeze. For more information, visit www.sunrisefl.gov/july4, or call the City of Sunrise Leisure Services Department: (954) 747-4600.
Barbados, CMC – The Barbados-based Caribbean Development Fund (CDF) says regional countries could receive less funding for projects in the future because some countries have not been meeting their financial obligations.“We have enough resources to continue the programs that we have already agreed to. However, if we do not get all of the subscriptions that were due in the second cycle, there is a possibility that we may need to scale down operations, not projects that are discussed, but scale down new projects that will be anticipated for 2020. We are hoping that this will not be the case,” said the chairman of the CDF board of directors, Dr Sherwyn Williams.In addition, Williams told reporters on the side-lines of the CDF’s seventh annual meeting of contributors and development partners, that the fund, established to provide financial and technical assistance to disadvantaged countries in the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) could scale back if owing member states did not meet their financial obligations to the CDF for the second funding cycle.During 2017 the CDF received contributions from two member states, St Kitts and Nevis and Belize, completing their second cycle commitment, while the outstanding balance was received from Jamaica.As at December 31, 2017, total fund balance was US$122.42 million or two per cent above that reported for 2016. This increase reflected payments from the three member states which brought the net contribution to US$109.42 million at the end of 2017.Fund owed over US$57 million Last year the CDF was owed a total of US$57.2 million, with Trinidad and Tobago owing US$40 million and Barbados US$7.4 million.For 2017, St Lucia, Belize, Antigua and Barbuda, St Kitts and Nevis, Guyana, Dominica, and Grenada benefited from the fund as 17 disbursements of loans and grants totaling US$4.27 million and US$5.01 million, respectively, were made during the reporting period.The CDF said that total disbursement of US$9.28 million in 2017 was 28 per cent higher than the previous year. In line with this performance, the loan portfolio recorded another year of growth at eight per cent from US$23.6 million in 2016 to US$25.71 million last year.The fund has undisbursed balance of US$7.3 million in its coffers as at December 31, 2017.Payments are still too slowCDF chief executive officer, Rodinald Soomer said the response from member states in relation to their payments was not what the fund expected, indicating that they were still too slow in meeting their obligations.He did not name the countries but indicated that there were four member states still in arrears. But he said given the financial situation facing the region, the CDF was taking a new approach in seeking payment.Soomer said that the CDF was perhaps not the only regional institution having challenges in getting member countries to pay their dues, and that the Guyana-based CARICOM Secretariat was working on a system to ensure for automaticity of financing for regional institutions.
ST JOHN’S, Antigua, CMC – Former captains Brian Lara and Ramnaresh Sarwan have been tasked with helping West Indies batsmen ahead of the opening Test against India starting here next Thursday, August 22.Both will be involved in a preparation camp which gets underway on Friday at the Vivian Richards Cricket Ground and will lend their experience to the 13-man squad as they gear up for the two-Test series.“We have some good young batsman in the team who we believe will form the future of West Indies cricket,” said director of cricket, Jimmy Adams.“We saw some very good signs of development earlier this year in the Test matches when we played so very well to beat England and we want to see them grow and become outstanding players for the West Indies.“We have taken the step to have Brian and ‘Ronnie’ work with these players, who have demonstrated a will to learn and succeed. We know they still have the passion and love for West Indies cricket and are eager to assist and share their information with the present generation.”The legendary Lara, 50, is West Indies’ leading run-scorer in Tests with 11 953 runs from 131 matches, with 34 hundreds. He quit international cricket following the historic ICC World Cup in the Caribbean in 2007.Sarwan, meanwhile, gathered 5,842 runs in 87 Test matches, including 15 centuries, with a top score of 291 against England at Bridgetown.The 39-year-old also featured in West Indies preparation camp last April in Barbados ahead of the Tri-Nations Series in Ireland.Following the Antigua Test, West Indies will face India in the final Test starting August 30 at Sabina Park in Jamaica.
With just three days to go until France heads for its final round of General Election voting (Sunday 7 May), Betfair Politics has priced far-right candidate Marie Le Pen at 9/1 (11% chance of winning).Updating its ‘France 2017 market’, Betfair Politics has detailed that yesterday’s live TV debate between Le Pen and Emmanuel Macron favoured the centrist ‘En Marche’ candidate Macron who is currently priced at 1.12 (89% chance of winning).Heading into Sunday’s final ballot, Betfair has traded + £25 million on its market, with Le Pen receiving substantial backing in a ‘two-horse race’. The bookmaker details that a Le Pen victory will be seen as another Trump-like upset, with bookmakers paying out hefty sums to political punters.Commenting on the market, Betfair Spokesperson, Katie Baylis said: “Most political commentators agreed that Macron came out the winner of what proved to be an extremely acrimonious debate and the betting certainly reflected that.“However, overnight backing came for Le Pen who continues to attract far more bets than Macron, in fact 73% of all bets this week have been on her. But unsurprisingly the big money is being staked on Macron, with 90% of money placed on the favourite so far today, including a £50k bet placed this morning.”French Presidential Election 2017Next President – £25m MatchedEmmanuel Macron 1.12 (1/8 or an 89% chance)Marine Le Pen 9 (8/1 or an 11% chance)Le Pen 2nd Round Vote Percentage30% or lower 42 (41/1)30.01 – 35% 8.8 (8/1)35.01 – 40% 2.44 (6/4)40.01 – 45% 3.2 (11/5)45.01 – 50% 8 (7/1)50.01% or higher 10 (9/1)2nd Round Vote Turnout70% or lower 7 (6/1)70.01 – 73% 5 (4/1)73.01 – 76% 3.8 (14/5)76.01 – 79% 3.75 (11/4)79.01 – 82% 6.8 (6/1)82.01 – 85% 25 (24/1)85.01 – 88% 110 (109/1)88.01% or higher 250 (249/1) StumbleUpon Betfair – Record breaking summer of betting on women’s sports August 3, 2017 Bookmakers shorten Tory odds as Labour comeback fades June 7, 2017 Related Articles Share Share Submit New poll details the changing US sentiment on legalised sports betting September 27, 2017
Related Articles Submit StumbleUpon Share TVBET passes GLI test for five live games in Malta and Italy August 25, 2020 Share Altenar: Supporting expansion plans in Denmark and Portugal August 20, 2020 CT Gaming bolsters Italian profile with The Betting Coach August 27, 2020 Publishing its H1 2017 interim trading results (period ending 31 June), Stockholm-listed industry content and games developer NetEnt has detailed a strong commercial momentum, recording growth across its core metrics.Updating investors, NetEnt governance stated that H1 had delivered ‘solid growth’ for its verticals, with the company hitting H1 revenues of SEK 805 million, up 15% on corresponding H1 2016’s SEK 697 million.Adding a further 21 new customers during the H1 period, NetEnt would declare a period profit of SEK 281 million (H1 2016: SEK 251 million) despite the firm recording a slight decline in operating margins to 35%.Closing a busy period, NetEnt governance would declare a group profit after tax of SEK 258 million (H1 2016: 235million), representing a 9.5% increase in performance.NetEnt governance detailed that the delivery of growth and profits was a testament to the firm’s ongoing strategy of expanding its services within regulated markets. The company would highlight the performance of its content within the UK and Italian markets.The company further highlights that it expects rapid growth in the markets of Spain, Denmark, Belgium and New Jersey to support its established markets in the coming months.Per Eriksson, President and CEO would comment on H1 2017 trading “The number of gaming transactions in our systems amounted to 10.1 billion during the quarter, corresponding to an increase of 14.4 percent compared to the second quarter of last year. At the same time, the royalty level for our products remained stable. Mobile gaming continued to contribute to our growth and accounted for more than half of our revenues in June. NetEnt continues to generate strong cash flows – in the second quarter free cash flow after investments amounted to 131 SEKm, an increase of 39.8 percent compared to Q2 2016. At the end of May, 540 SEKm of cash was distributed to shareholders through an automatic redemption program. The cash flow generation of our business gives us the financial flexibility to invest in future growth while we continue to aim for significant cash returns to our shareholders.”
StumbleUpon Share Gustaf HagmanEuropean online gambling group LeoVegas AB has announced that it has been approved to upgrade its share listing onto the main Nasdaq Stockholm market.The approval granted by Stockholm’s listing authority, sees LeoVegas upgrade its share listing from the mid-cap First North Premier to the main Nasdaq Stockholm Exchange.Updating investors, LeoVegas governance announced that it expects to end First North Premier trading on 2 February, with the online gambling firm targeting a Monday 5 February debut on the Nasdaq Stockholm Exchange.Ahead of its new listing, LeoVegas governance will publish a new corporate prospectus, outlining the firm’s strategic vision as a Nasdaq Stockholm enterprise.A pleased Gustaf Hagman, Group CEO of LeoVegas AB commented on the Nasdaq Stockholm approval“This change in the listing can be credited to a strong team effort by everyone at LeoVegas, and I want to take this opportunity to express extra praise to my team for the hard work they have done to bring this across the finish line.”“The change in listing strengthens the Group and gives us an even better quality seal in our communication and cooperation with authorities, licensors and partners. For institutional investors – both in Sweden but even more so abroad – we will become more accessible and attractive as a company. Today is a big day for LeoVegas and yet another step in our ongoing journey of growth.” Share Kambi takes full control of LeoVegas sportsbook portfolio August 26, 2020 Related Articles Esports Entertainment bolsters tournament capacity by acquiring EGL August 27, 2020 Submit Björn Nilsson: How Triggy is delivering digestible data through pre-set triggers August 28, 2020
UKGC hails ‘delivered efficiencies’ of its revamped licence maintenance service August 20, 2020 StumbleUpon UKGC launches fourth National Lottery licence competition August 28, 2020 Share Related Articles Share Submit Winning Post: Swedish regulator pushes back on ‘Storebror’ approach to deposit limits August 24, 2020 William Moyes – UKGCIssuing an industry update, the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) has published its ‘2019 Business Plan’ outlining its key strategic priorities and focuses for its sector 2018-2019 guidance.The Commission’s plan forms part of a ‘three-year strategy’, seeking to improve industry standards, consumer protections and further prevent gambling-related harm on consumers and the general public.A key development in the UKGC’s business plan, sees the Commission focus on ‘gaming product development’, with the governing body pushing for industry stakeholders to ‘design-in protections and control measures’.Updating industry stakeholders, William Moyes, Chair of the Gambling Commission, said: “Our ambitious plans for the next 12 months and beyond are designed to enable us to continue to respond to emerging risks and issues in a way that balances consumer choice and enjoyment with the risks associated with gambling, and the impact on wider society”.In its update, the Commission further details that the business plan further aims to better evaluate the way its organisation regulates industry stakeholders.“Our strategy and plans will deliver real change for consumers, the gambling industry and for us as the regulator. Our aim is to make gambling fairer and safer and to raise standards across the industry.”
Online bookmaker Marathonbet has migrated across Manchester, after becoming the first ever official global betting partner of Manchester City.The new multi-year agreement with last seasons runaway Premier League Champions covers both the men’s and women’s teams, with Marathonbet pledging that fans are to see some of the best odds on market when betting on City in the coming season, in celebration of the new deal.Natalia Zavodnik, Chief Executive Officer at Marathonbet, said: “We are delighted to be able to announce this global partnership with one of the most exciting clubs in world football.“The club share our ideas of innovation and providing their supporters and football fans alike with extraordinary odds, markets and experiences; something we saw with their record breaking 2017/18 season. This announcement is a marker of our intention as a global brand and we can’t wait to get started.”Marathonbet is to see its logo emblazoned on interview backdrops as well as across the Etihad Stadium, with visitors to the stadium for the 2018/19 season to also see its matchday offering available through a number of branded betting kiosks.Fans of Pep Guardiola’s side are to also see Marathonbet provide a series of exclusive digital content, themed around the first team fixtures, and pre-match previews, as well as having the chance to win ‘money-can’t-buy’ experiences.Damian Willoughby, Senior Vice President of partnerships at Manchester City Football Group, said: “We are delighted to welcome Marathonbet to Manchester City. Marathonbet shares our commitment to providing fans across the world with the best possible matchday experience, whether that’s at the Etihad Stadium or following around the world through digital platforms.“Marathonbet has a great history of innovation and we are excited by their plans to engage with City fans through this new partnership.”Announcing the deal, both parties joined forces for the below video.Video Playerhttps://oddslifenetstorage.blob.core.windows.net/sbcnews/2018/06/English-Version.mp400:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Spotlight ups matchday commentary reach and capacity for new EPL Season August 21, 2020 StumbleUpon Share SBC Awards: The key to an effective submission August 28, 2020 Submit Share Related Articles Premier League looks to broadcast every behind-closed-door fixture August 28, 2020
StumbleUpon Share Plus500 named as the main sponsor of Legia Warsaw August 10, 2020 Submit Related Articles GVC hires ‘comms pro’ Tessa Curtis to re-energise media profile August 25, 2020 Jason Ader – No Boogeyman… Activism will play a vital part in reshaping gambling August 20, 2020 Share FTSE250 gambling technology group Playtech Plc has this morning published its latest trading update informing investors that the company is on track to deliver its 2018 expected EBITDA range of €320-360 million.Issuing a short market guidance, Playtech governance details that its B2B Gaming Division continues to trade in line with the trends reported for its interim results in August, generating good revenue growth outside of Asia.The technology group informs that Asian market revenues have stabilised at an annualised run-rate of approximately €150 million.Supporting its stable B2B performance, Playtech reports a continued positive momentum for its enlarged B2C division, which has incorporated new Italian gambling asset Snaitech – a transaction completed during the Q2 2018 trading for approximately €850 million.During the trading period, Playtech governance restructured the firm’s financial position, offloading its 10% shareholding in Plus500 (transaction £185 million) alongside further completing a new €530 million bond offering.Proceeds from Playtech’s transactions will be used to bridge facilities used for the acquisition of Snaitech and to pay back further deal-related costs.