John Mayer Calls Dead & Company The Best Thing That’s Happened To His Career

first_imgWith their recent tour announcement, fans can rest assured that Dead & Company will be returning triumphantly in 2017. The vivacious ensemble sees Grateful Dead members Bob Weir, Bill Kreutzmann and Mickey Hart team with Oteil Burbridge, Jeff Chimenti, and most surprisingly, John Mayer.Now set to embark on their third major tour (fall 2015 and summer 2016 being the other two), Mayer has had some time to reflect on the impact those shows have had on his career. In a new interview with CBS New York’s Fresh 102.7, Mayer talks about the different experiences as a solo artist versus a member of a band, and how that has helped him personally grow as a musician and as a person.You can watch this new interview in the video player below.last_img

Asia battles second wave of coronavirus with fresh lockdowns

first_imgCountries around Asia are confronting a second wave of coronavirus infections and are clamping down again to try to contain the disease, with Australia recording a record daily rise in cases and Vietnam locking down the city of Danang.In China, infections not involving people returning from overseas hit the highest number since early March, with a total of 57 domestic transmissions reported out of 61 new cases.In the northeast, Liaoning province reported a fifth straight day of new infections and Jilin province reported two new cases, its first since late May. Hong Kong is expected to announce further restrictions on Monday including a ban on restaurant dining and mandated face masks outdoors, local media reported.The measures, which are expected to take effect from Wednesday, would be the first time the city has completely banned dining in restaurants. Since late January, more than 2,600 people have been infected in Hong Kong, 19 of whom have died.Australian authorities warned a six-week lockdown in parts of southeastern Victoria state may last longer after the country registered its highest daily increase in infections.Most of Australia is effectively virus-free but flare-ups in the two most populous southeastern states have authorities scrambling to prevent a wider national outbreak. Victoria reported a daily record of 532 new cases on Monday and six more deaths, taking the state toll to 77, almost half the total national death toll.In Japan, the government said it would urge businesses to increase telecommuting and enhance other social distancing measures amid a rise in coronavirus cases among workers.Japan has avoided mass infections but a record surge in cases during the past week in Tokyo and other urban centers has experts worried the country faces a second wave.Tokyo last week reported a daily record of 366 cases, with 239 on Sunday. The southern city of Fukuoka reported a record 90 cases on Sunday, along with rising numbers in Osaka.Vietnam is evacuating 80,000 people, mostly local tourists, from the central city of Danang after three residents tested positive for the coronavirus at the weekend, the government said on Monday.The Southeast Asian country is back on high alert after the government on Saturday confirmed its first community infections since April, and another three cases on Sunday, all in Danang.Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte is expected to focus on COVID-19 and the economy in his annual State of the Nation Address later on Monday, amid a renewed coronavirus outbreak.Manila is weighing whether to re-impose stricter lockdown measures after easing them saw a dramatic surge in infections, with 62,326 cases reported since June 1.North Korean state media reported on the weekend that the border town of Kaesong was in lockdown after a person who defected to South Korea three years ago returned this month with symptoms of COVID-19.If confirmed, it would be the first case officially acknowledged by North Korean authorities.North Korean leader Kim Jong Un convened an emergency politburo meeting in response to what he called a “critical situation in which the vicious virus could be said to have entered the country”, the KCNA state news reported.South Korea has reported more than 14,000 cases and 298 deaths from the pandemic. Saturday’s 113 infections were the highest on a single day since March 31.Indonesia is expected to report its 100,000th case on Monday, having surpassed China with the highest number of cases and deaths in East Asia.More than 16.13 million people have been reported to be infected by the novel coronavirus globally and 644,836​ have died, according to a Reuters tally.Topics :last_img read more

These are the kitchens of the hottest renovation projects in the country this year

first_imgThese are the hottest renovation projects in the country this year, and they also have some of the hottest kitchens.Seven homes, including two from Queensland, made the National Architecture Awards shortlist for Residential Architecture — Houses (Alterations & Additions), with competition described by the jury as being at “its most fierce” this year. Brisbane home Dornoch Terrace House by James Russell Architect made the prestigious cut for renovations this year. Picture: Toby Scott Light and bright at Burleigh Street House by ME. Picture: Christopher Frederick JonesThe top homes renovated in the country this year were Annandale House by Welsh + Major Architects (NSW), Burleigh Street House by ME (Qld), Captain Kelly’s Cottage by John Wardle Architects (Tas), Dornoch Terrace House by James Russell Architect (Qld), Jac by panovscott (NSW), Little Sister’s House by Candalepas Associates (NSW) and Sorrento House by Figureground Architecture (Vic).A record 983 entries were received in 14 categories for the Australian Institute of Architects’ National Architecture Awards, with 13 Queensland projects making it into shortlists for eight categories.A masculine feel in the kitchen at Captain Kelly’s Cottage by John Wardle Architects. Picture: JWA Concrete floors at Jac by panovscott. Picture: Brett Boardman Little Sister’s House by Candalepas Associates was all about creating more space. Picture: Brett Boardman Annandale House by Welsh + Major Architects was an extension on a brick terrace home. Picture: Michael Nicholson More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this homeless than 1 hour agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investorless than 1 hour agoSorrento House by Figureground Architecture was all for wood and air. Picture: Derek Swalwelllast_img read more

Courtois Goes on AWOL, Misses Chelsea Training

first_imgChelsea winger Eden Hazard has also been linked with Real, but did attend training with the Blues on Monday.Courtois was named best goalkeeper at this summer’s World Cup in Russia, where Belgium beat England in the third-place play-off.He has played 154 times for Chelsea, keeping 58 clean sheets and conceding 152 goals.Speaking on Friday, new Blues manager Maurizio Sarri said he was unsure whether Courtois would stay.He said: “At the moment Courtois is the goalkeeper of Chelsea. I don’t know in the future. It depends on the club, it depends especially on him, but I hope Courtois will be our goalkeeper.”Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, who has been linked with a move to Real Madrid, did not report for training with the Premier League club on Monday.And it is understood the Blues do not know when the 26-year-old Belgium international will return.Courtois has been a Blues player since 2011, when he signed from Belgian club Genk and was loaned to Atletico Madrid.last_img read more