Janelle Monáe Releases Bob Marley Cover For ‘Spotify Singles’ Series [Listen]

first_imgJanelle Monáe is the latest pop artist to stop by the Spotify studios to perform some music for the streaming platform’s Spotify Singles series. The well-known singer and songwriter has kept a busy schedule full of similar appearances over the past year in promotion of her 2018 Dirty Computer studio album. For her turn on the audio streaming series, Monáe performed “I Like That” from her album, in addition to providing a spin on Bob Marley & The Wailer‘s “High Tide or Low Tide” from the reggae band’s 1973 album, Catch A Fire.Monáe’s new version of the reggae classic sticks pretty close to the original, although hers does shine a little clearer thanks to the modern recording technology used to capture what is a flawless performance. Her voice can be heard standing firmly above the held-out chords of an organ while she sings Marley’s love-soaked lyrics, “In high seas or in low seas/I’m gonna be your friend/In high tide or in low tide/I’ll be by your side.” Fans can have fun comparing her sparkling new version of the Bob Marley deep cut with his original recording heard below.Bob Marley & The Wailers – “High Tide or Low Tide”[Video: TheBognekRasta]Janelle Monáe wrapped up her busy world tour schedule in support of Dirty Computer back in September, following notable performances at big events including New York’s philanthropic Global Citizen Festival, Philadelphia’s Made in America Fest, Florida’s Suwanee Hulaween, and Austin City Limits Festival. Monáe had also shared a 46-minute sci-fi/fantasy narrative film to go with her album upon its release back in late April, which has also be lauded as nothing short of a “masterpiece,” according to Rolling Stone.The acting side of Monáe’s career also continues to thrive, as the next feature film she’s set to appear in titled Welcome to Marwen is scheduled to arrive on December 21st, and co-stars Steve Carell, Leslie Mann and Diane Kruger. Monáe will also appear in Disney’s live-action remake of its 1955 classic animated film, Lady and the Tramp.<span data-mce-type=”bookmark” style=”display: inline-block; width: 0px; overflow: hidden; line-height: 0;” class=”mce_SELRES_start”></span>[H/T Consequence of Sound]last_img read more

Moving house? Here’s how to guarantee to get your bond back

first_imgTenants Queensland has put out some tips for avoiding bond disputes.MOVING house is stressful enough without having to worry about getting your rental bond back.According to Tenants Queensland, disputes around fair wear and tear, repairs and cleaning are the most common reasons renters lose bond money at the end of a tenancy.Tenants Queensland chief executive Penny Carr said tenants frequently failed to keep adequate records of the condition of the premises when they moved in and when they vacated. GET THE LATEST REAL ESTATE NEWS DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX HERE Ms Carr said it was vital tenants completed detailed RTA entry and exit condition reports of the property when they moved in and out, along with taking photos and keeping copies to avoid protracted disputes down the track.“Evidence of the state of the property on entering and exiting is the best insurance policy,providing protection for tenants to reclaim their bond money at the end of their tenancy.” Tenants Queensland has put out some tips for avoiding bond disputes. THE BRISBANE HOMES FOR AUCTION COAST’S NEW MILLION-DOLLAR SUBURB BIGGEST INFLUENCE ON CHOOSING A HOME HOW TO AVOID A BOND DISPUTE:  Ask for a receipt if you pay a bond or part bond in cash and sign the RTA BondLodgement form.  In general tenancies, the person you pay bond to must lodge your bond and the formwith the RTA within 10 days.  Fill in an Entry Condition Report and take photos to record the condition of thepremises when you move in. Keep a copy.  Read all documents carefully and never sign a blank or incomplete form, particularlya Form 4 Bond Return Form.  Use a Change of Bond Contributors form to update RTA signatures if people on theMore from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus21 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market21 hours agobond change.  Keep copies of your receipts for bond or rent payments. Tenants Queensland has put out some tips for getting your bond back. Give written notice before you leave.  Tenants are responsible to leave the premises in the same state as they received itin but are not responsible for fair wear and tear.  When moving, it is the tenant’s responsibility to start the process of completing anExit Condition Report. Fill it out, keep a copy before giving it to the lessor or agent tofil in their side. Take photos of the premises, particularly any areas which you mightbe subject to a dispute. Keep copies of any cleaning receipts.  Return all keys when you leave. As soon as your notice period ends, if you don’t think you will come to an agreement with the agent or owner about the bond return, immediately send an RTA Form 4 Bond Return in to the RTA.  As soon as you move, notify the RTA of your new address in case the first claim ismade by the agent or lessor. (Source: Tenants Queensland)last_img read more