Brace’s changes bread’s identity

first_imgWelsh bakery Brace’s is to drop its ‘Brace’s…Bread for all Seasons’ slogan and launch the tag line ‘Where Premium Quality is the Standard’, as part of a tranche of marketing activity.Marketing director Scott Richardson said the Brace’s brand needs to “move with the market”. He commented: “Premium quality is always something our customers have associated with Brace’s, so it is a natural progression for us to include it in our new strapline for 2006.” Brace’s vehicles and marke-ting material will be amended with the new strapline. And the last advertisement using the ‘Bread for all Seasons’ slogan, which launched in March 2003, will be shown on ITV this month, featuring Welsh cakes. Mr Richardson said: “The ‘Bread for All Seasons’ strap-line was a very successful marketing vehicle for Brace’s. It proved to be a great sales tool. Although it has served us well, we are aware that our brand needs to continue to move with the market and be very much consumer-driven.” Brace’s is also launching new packaging on its brown loaves, with different colours on wholemeal, brown and malted grain loaves, depicting fields of wheat. This design has been chosen to emphasise the “natural goodness of Brace’s brown range”, Mr Richardson said.Brace’s white bread packaging is also scheduled to change in early Spring. Meanwhile, Brace’s will start supplying eight Somer-field stores in the Isle of Wight this month, as well as stores across Bristol, Portsmouth and Southampton.Mr Richardson said: “We are delighted to be supplying Brace’s products to the Isle of Wight for the first time. We are keen to expand our geographic reach into the south of England.”last_img read more

Long Island Covid-19 Hospitalizations More Than Triple in Three Weeks

first_imgSign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York There are 538 people hospitalized for Covid-19 on Long Island, more than triple from three weeks ago, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said at a press briefing today.Long Island had 172 Covid-19 hospitalizations three weeks ago. The upward trend in hospitalizations is occurring statewide as cases have been rising in all regions since last month.“First time around, we had a New York City, downstate, Long Island, Westchester problem,” Cuomo said. “That was actually beneficial in a way because we could bring resources from upstate to help downstate. We don’t have that option here.”Today, County Executive Laura Curran said there are 274 Covid-19 patients in the county’s 11 hospitals — 36 in ICU and 25 on ventilators. Yesterday, Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone said there were 238 Covid-19 patients in its hospitals, with 46 in ICU.Earlier this week, Curran and Bellone joined Cuomo’s press briefing via Zoom as he spoke about a statewide plan for managing hospital loads. The state’s cluster zone system, which determines the yellow, orange, and red areas, will now be based on hospitalization rate, death rate, case rate, available hospital beds, available ICU beds, available staff, PPE, and equipment availability.All hospitals must identify retired nurses and doctors who they could call back should they need to combat staff shortages, Cuomo said. Emergency field hospitals, including the ones at SUNY Old Westbury and Stony Brook, must secure staffing and prepare for Covid-19 patients in the event of a surge, and all hospitals must plan to add 50 percent capacity. Individual hospital systems, such as Northwell Health, must balance patients among its hospitals. In addition, all hospitals should be prepared to implement statewide “surge and flex,” which distributes the load of patients among all hospitals.“We lived this nightmare, we learned from this nightmare,” Cuomo said, “and we’re going to correct for the lessons we learned during this nightmare.”last_img read more

BLOG: PennDOT, Turnpike 70 mph Zones Expand with Eye on Safety

first_img May 04, 2016 The Turnpike speed limit has been 70 mph on a 97-mile stretch in south-central Pennsylvania between the Blue Mountain and Morgantown interchanges since the summer of 2014. All remaining sections of the PA Turnpike system that are now posted at 65 mph — including Turnpike extensions in southwestern PA — will be signed for 70 mph this week. Areas of the PA Turnpike now posted at 55 mph will remain at 55 mph.Combined with the 201 combined miles of Turnpike and PennDOT roadways already at 70 mph since July 2014, this move makes 997 total 70 mph miles of roadway in the state.That being said, with the summer travel season fast approaching, let’s all drive safely on every Pennsylvania roadway. By: Leslie S. Richards, Secretary of Transportation Infrastructure,  The Blog,  Transportation We made a major announcement this week, alongside the Turnpike Commission: 70 mph speed limits have been added to 396 additional miles of the Turnpike and 400 additional miles of certain PennDOT highways.Taking this step followed thorough analysis on geometry, engineering, crash data, regional factors and preliminary results from pilot locations. And moving forward we’ll continue monitoring our original pilot locations along with these new 70 mph sections, keeping safety top of mind.Drivers should also know that this boost for traffic flow wasn’t just made possible by Act 89, the state’s transportation funding plan. Each road seeing the 70 mph speed was designed to handle that speed or higher.As with any type of weather and with any roadway speed, I urge all motorists to treat posted speed limits as speed maximums, not minimums – that’s the case whether the limit is 35 mph or 70 mph.This applies especially in work zones where men and women may be working just inches away from traffic. Obey the speed limits posted for these work zones – these people all deserve to get home safely.Here are the PennDOT roadways being posted with the new limit over the next few days (including current pilot areas):I-79 from I-90 in Erie County south to a point just north of the PA 228 interchange in Butler County (97 miles)I-79 from I-70 in Washington County south to the West Virginia border (33 miles)I-80 from the Ohio State border east to a point near mile marker 190 in Clinton County (190 miles)I-80 from a point near mile marker 195 in Union County to a point near mile marker 247 in Columbia County (52 miles)US 15 from the interchange with PA 14 in Lycoming County north to the New York State border (49 miles)I-99 from Exit No. 68 in Centre County south to a point near mile marker 34 in Blair County (34 miles)I-99 from Exit No. 28 in Blair County south to mile marker 0 (PA Turnpike) in Bedford County (28 miles)I-380 from I-84 in Lackawanna County south to Exit No. 3 in Monroe County (21 miles) BLOG: PennDOT, Turnpike 70 mph Zones Expand with Eye on Safety Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf SHARE Email Facebook Twitterlast_img read more

Agent reacts to Sterling exit story

first_img “Raheem and his representatives have a meeting scheduled with Liverpool later this week, and we will take proceedings from there.” Sterling has two years left on his current deal but rejected a reported £100,000-a-week offer earlier this year and negotiations were put on hold until the end of the season. The reports have generally been viewed as another public relations disaster by Sterling’s camp, after a pre-arranged television interview in April in which the youngster claimed he was not a “money-grabber”. A dip in performance levels this season has not helped him, while the row over whether he was too tired to play in a Euro 2016 qualifier back in October also soured his relationship with England fans. And regular links with the likes of Manchester City, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have led to accusations his head has been turned. However, former Liverpool winger John Barnes cautioned Sterling over making a hasty decision which could impact his long-term future. “Raheem has not achieved anything, he has not won anything,” Barnes told BBC Radio 5 Live. “Raheem has great potential but Liverpool gave him an opportunity and he should stay for a couple of years. Press Association “The time is not right for him to move, but if he wants to move the club should sell him. The manager cannot keep an unhappy player. “This idea of leaving one huge club to join another huge club does not sit well with me, but it is a modern era where the power is in the players’ hands. “Does anyone believe that if he goes to Manchester City he will be the first name on the team sheet or are they just signing him because they need English players? “If he goes to Manchester City, to give himself a chance of winning the league, he will not become a regular for them. We have seen it with players in the past like Scott Sinclair.” Raheem Sterling’s agent claims reports the Liverpool forward is set to the tell the club he wants to leave this summer have “been blown somewhat out of proportion”. Aidy Ward, the 20-year-old’s long-time representative, said he and the player were always scheduled to meet Reds officials this week and insists they will move forward from there. “The story has been blown somewhat out of proportion,” he said in a statement to talkSPORT. last_img read more