Paulo Dybala’s presence is no hindrance to Juventus’ ongoing search for new signings, according to Pavel Nedved.The Serie A champions head into Saturday’s season opener against Parma with a host of new signings at their disposal, including Matthijs de Ligt, Aaron Ramsey and right-back Danilo.Argentina forward Dybala seemed set to make way amid the influx with Manchester United, Tottenham and Paris Saint-Germain all linked with his signature at various stages. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare Messi a man for all Champions League seasons – but will this really be Barcelona’s? However, none of those proposed moves have transpired and the 25-year-old is still standing at Allianz Stadium, a situation that sits comfortably with Nedved.”Dybala will never be a problem for us because he is a great player,” the former Bianconeri midfielder said on Friday, sitting in at a pre-match news conference as head coach Maurizio Sarri continues his recovery from a bout of pneumonia.”Maurizio is using him as a false nine and I believe he is playing the role very well. He had a great pre-season.” Nedved: “Our confidence is formed because of our players. I believe that we have created one of the best teams in Europe, and with a coach that will have the necessary time to develop his game.” #ParmaJuve #ForzaJuve — JuventusFC (@juventusfcen) August 23, 2019 Nedved dodged questions about Inter outcast and rumoured Juve target Mauro Icardi but conceded there could yet be further new arrivals.”[Sporting director] Fabio Paratici has had done extraordinary things, some beautiful and important deals,” he said.”The transfer window is still open and we will see if there are opportunities we can seize.”We are not forced to do anything. If there are possibilities, we will do something. Otherwise, we will remain as we are.”Juve will, however, have to do without the guidance of head coach Sarri for their first two Serie A fixtures as he recuperates.The former Chelsea boss is due to return to work after the international break, Nedved confirmed.He said: “Pneumonia is not a simple thing. Sarri would like to be out the training pitch and in the office every day because he is a great professional, but he needs time. He is getting better.”Obviously there are difficulties for us, but we have managed them before.”
BLOOMINGTON, IN – OCTOBER 13: Nate Stanley #4 of the Iowa Hawkeyes throws the ball against the Indiana Hossiers at Memorial Stadium on October 13, 2018 in Bloomington, Indiana. (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)Iowa quarterback Nathan Stanley is having quite the game at Michigan this afternoon – and, unfortunately for Hawkeyes fans, we don’t mean that in a good way.The Hawkeyes are playing the Wolverines close, as it’s 10-3 Michigan at the beginning of the second half.However, Iowa has been unable to hold onto the football.Stanley has now thrown three interceptions through two-plus quarters. His latest pick came on a drive to start the second half. It had been a while since he had thrown a pick, too. Entering today, Iowa’s Nathan Stanley hadn’t thrown an interception since last season.Michigan has two in the first half. pic.twitter.com/qqUgofbExj— CBS Sports HQ (@CBSSportsHQ) October 5, 2019Iowa’s quarterback is now 10 of 22 for 138 yards and three interceptions. The Hawkeyes would likely be leading this game without the turnovers.The Iowa-Michigan game is being televised on FOX.