De Gea’s goalkeeper coach leaves Manchester United

first_imgDavid de Gea’s goalkeeper coach Emilio Alvarez has left Manchester United, the Premier League club have confirmed.The 47-year-old has worked closely with De Gea for the past three seasons, remaining part of United’s backroom staff following Jose Mourinho’s exit last December.Alvarez also mentored De Gea at Atletico Madrid earlier in his career before following the Spain international in making the switch to Old Trafford in 2016, but he has left the club three months on from Richard Hartis’s arrival as senior goalkeeping coach. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare Messi a man for all Champions League seasons – but will this really be Barcelona’s? Are Chelsea this season’s Ajax? Super-subs Batshuayi & Pulisic show Blues can dare to dream Time for another transfer? Giroud’s Chelsea spell set to end like his Arsenal career “I would like to thank Emilio for all his help and hard work since my return to the club,” United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said.  “He is a good coach and we all wish him well for the future.”Alvarez’s exit comes less than two weeks after De Gea, a rumoured long-term target for Real Madrid, penned a new deal at Old Trafford.”I will always be proud of belonging to this club,” Alvarez said. “Wishing you every success in your endeavours.”De Gea himself brought the uncertainty surrounding his position to a close last week by committing his future to United.The Spaniard’s fresh terms at Old Trafford include the option for a further 12-month extension to take him through to the summer of 2024.A prolonged stay for the 28-year-old in England had been mooted for some time, but no official word was given until last week’s announcement.De Gea, who has been with the Red Devils since 2011, told the club’s official website: “It has been a privilege to spend eight years at this great club and the opportunity to continue my career at Manchester United is a genuine honour.“Since I arrived here, I could never have imagined I would play over 350 games for this club. Now my future is fixed, all I want is to help this team achieve what I believe we can and win trophies again, together.“As one of the senior players in the squad, I want to support and lead in any way that I can to assist the younger players, so they know what it means to play here.” Check out Goal’s Premier League 2019-20 fantasy football podcast for game tips, debate and rivalries.last_img read more

Saad Lamjarred Rejects Priouls Medical Exam Claims EUR 15000 of Damages

Rabat – The Saad Lamjarred scandal is far from over.Saad Lamjarred has (once again) missed his court date. The Moroccan singer chose to spend Ramadan in Morocco and be represented by his lawyer.Appointed to the Court of Great Instance (TGI) in Paris on Monday, June 4, for a medical expert opinion in summary, the singer of “Ghazali,” represented by one of his lawyers, has contested the request for a medical examination from the complainant, Laura Prioul. In addition, Lamjarred is suing Prioul for defamation over her legal request. French authorities arrested Saad Lamjarred on October 26 for the alleged rape of Laura Prioul. He was released and put under surveillance on April 13.Last month, Prioul’s lawyer requested a medical expert in Paris, aiming to establish a link between the rape she reportedly suffered in October 2016 and the deterioration of her  health since.“We pleaded this morning the request for medical examination of Laura Prioul to the High Court of Paris in summary, because she has a problem with her left kidney that no longer works and we want to see if it has a link with the aggression,” said her lawyer Jean-Maric Desboubes to HuffPost Maroc.Desboubes added that “the Dupond-Moretti firm was present to represent Saad Lamjarred. They objected to the request for an examination and claim 15,000 euros in damages from Laura Prioul because they find that this request is detrimental to their client.”Monday was not the first time that Lamjarred missed a court date. The first hearing was originally scheduled for April 9 and was postponed until Monday.Mediapart attributed Saad Lamjarred’s absence to “a hangover due to a big anniversary party in the night club l’Arc Paris two nights before the audience.” A video of the Moroccan singer celebrating his birthday while standing next to a bottle of vodka has also been circulating on YouTube.However, this time, the popstar’s presence in court is not required by law. Lamjarred, who is spending some family time in Morocco, will have to wait for the report of the doctors to decide whether Laura Prioul’s deteriorating health is related to the alleged rape or not. The verdict will be returned on June 18.Lamjarred is also facing arrest in the United States for another case of sexual assault in 2010, where an Albanian-American woman accused him of rape and violence. read more